Saturday, January 06, 2007

Hiding Taxable Income is OKAY!!

When you do not get service by the government for which you pay tax then I feel that it is morally justified that one goes all out to hide one's income as much as possible and not pay tax.
Nithari skeletons are a case in point. Gurgaon cab serial killers are another case. Police refused to register FIRs and even ignored the pattern of killings which was there to see around these.
These days, at any point of time when Indian cops come across any case, their mind starts thinking in the direction of now can I make money out of this!
I believe that the DPS RKPuram MMS scandal around three years back also got the hype and attention by the cops because all those involved were rich and there was every option to harass them and extort money.
I do not make resolutions, but today I feel like making one. I will go to extreme length and pain to hide every part of my income as much as possible so as not to pay tax to the government of India to the greatest extent. The government does not give me even the most basic service for which it charges tax - Police, Road, Electricity.

1 comment:

The Chef said...

I guess we shoudl start, rather SC should direct govt. to treat itself as a service provider and be penalised for poor services just like telecom operator or cable operator. We pay tax and we do not get service. Had i been an influential lawyer i would have put a PIL that no new tax/cess should be introduced till govt. proves that existing is utilized and there is no room for theft. No point having black holes around.
On the other hiding income sounds like movie Maachis. I cannot pick up arms because there is terrorism.