Friday, February 02, 2007

Two Wishes

There are times when I get so many ideas to write about but am nowhere near a computer to put in my thoughts. And then when I get to a computer to write, I am at a loss of ideas. Now just this morning while walking to the office I was thinking of someting very interesting to pen down but now at night when I am ready to 'blog' I forget. Life is good!!!

Anyhow, there are a few things in my life close to my heart which I wish I could do or knew how to do. The first one is Poetry. I love reading poetry - Hindi, Urdu and English (especially the philosophical variety). I thouroughly enjoyed reading Vikram Seth's Golden Gate which has been fully written in verse (including the acknowledgement and preface) but I cant come up with verses myself.
The second one is Music skill. I love listening to music. Ihave music sense as well as an ear that can even recognize which instrument is being played but I myself do not know how to play any musical instrument. I had my chance in school but at that time was not motivated enough to learn it.

I wonder if I will fulfill these wishes in this lifetime.

2 comments:

DreamCatcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DreamCatcher said...

What is poetry? Mere string of words.
slick at times, often awkward.
Relax, its no sin nor a crime
if u try but fail to rhyme.