Sunday, September 23, 2007

T20 cup

So Indian team ... the 'Young' Indian team in in the final setting up a dream clash for the spectators with Pakis in South Africa tomorrow.
I am not going to talk about the team's performance etc coz enough of it would be seen and heard already.
What I have in my mind is a thought about the potential change in the way cricket is going to be played around the world.
I have begun to believe that One-Day cricket as we know it is going to come to an end.
Now having experienced the exhiliration of 20-20 cricket, I am unable to think of how am I going to spend a whole day watching a limited overs cricket match when there is another format which lasts for 3 hours, gives me the best of batting, bowling and fielding and not a single dull moment throughout.
Also, with two competing 20-20 leagues starting in India soon, because of the strength India commands in the cricket world, this means that 20-20 is the future of limited overs cricket.
The thought of having to spend one full day for a limited overs match does not excite me anymore and I dont believe that there is space for 2 different versions of limited overs cricket.

Test matches are a different ball game altogether and they, just like all classical stuff, will continue to stay and charm one and all.

Limited overs cricket has taken the next step in its evolution and has emerged a more beautiful being after this metamorphosis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeet Gaye bhai Jeet gaye