Sunday, August 17, 2008

Another retail shopping experience

Big Apple retail store at Naraina on 15th August 2008.

Looked for and found packets of frozen peas, albeit small ones of 200g. Picked up one and turned around when the attendant stopped me.

A: "Sir you cannot take that !"
Me: "Why?"
A: "Thats not for sale!"
Me: "Why not. Its in stock. Its within the validity period. So why not?"
A: "Sir, thats free with a bigger packet of frozen peas".
Me: (WoW! Jackpot) "Ok so where do I get the bigger packet then"
A: "Sir thats out of stock"
Me: "What! Anyway I will be happy to take this then"
A: "But sir I told you thats not for sale."
Me: "Look I need a packet of frozen peas. You do not have a bigger one (which you have surprisingly run short of while still holding stock of the freebies). I am happy to pay for the one available so whats the problem?"
A: "Sir or computer will not accept the entry"
Me: (An AHA moment). "So you mean even if you have a packet you will not let me take it. How wierd can it get!"
A: Smiles.
Me: Shrugs and walks off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Common Sense is a very uncommon entity and is very shy of processes.
-Aditya