Sunday, May 31, 2009

On Kapil Sibal

On a Times Now program after the elections and before the cabinet announcement Kapil Sibal was participating. He clearly mentioned that due to his sons being lawyers, it would be unbecoming of him being appointed law minister (MK, please take note).
He also mentioned something else which I would like to share.
When asked by Arnab for what is he in politics when he had such a wonderful and high earning practice, his response was something like this:
"There is no end to how much money one can want and one can continue to run after it. But I believe that I have made enough money with my practice. Both my children are well settled. My wife is still working so that is another source of income for the family. And I wanted to do something for the country so I decided to take the plunge into politics. Fortunately the electorate has put me into the parliament for two successive terms so I seem to be doing the right thing."
This does not exactly capture what and how he said it, but if someone saw it, this was straight and honest talk. I did not have any tilt for or against Kapil Sibal. But after that I have begun to be hopeful that he would deliver in his stint as HRD minister. Hopefully the education system will get a boost now that a competent man like him is there.

No comments: